If you can’t find the answer to your question here, contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help.
We implemented all recommendations that were established the Portuguese Tourism Board and we received the Clean & Safe certification. We also stick to all recommendations given by FPS.
Measures we implemented are e.g. the following:
- We inform about the symptoms of COVID-19 and preventive measures in different areas of the camp, and our other accommodations
- We ask everyone to only travel if they do not feel any symptoms of COVID-19. We also ask you to check yourself during your stay here.
- We installed disinfectant dispensers in different areas of the accommodations and surf cars in order to maintain hand hygiene
- We clean the rooms with cleaning products containing at least 70% alcohol or bleach
- We wash our bed linens at a temperature of at least 60 degree (we already did this before the breakout of the virus)
- We wear masks in the car on the way to the beach. This is mandatory at the moment and we kindly ask you to bring your own re-usable mask in order to avoid pollution. We give you the opportunity to clean it in boiling water.
- We use paper towels in our “public” bathroom
- We disinfect surfaces like tables, door handles, cars, surfboards on a regular basis
- We disinfect wetsuits and surfboards regularly and keep track of who used what equipment. We hang wetsuits up with a minimum distance of 50 cm
- We keep the recommended social distance during the surf lessons and all other activities with us
Please let us know if you have any more questions or worries by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 00351 914 980 997.
- We kindly ask you to think about our environment and bring your own re-usable mask. We will give you the opportunity to wash it in boiling water.
- Please bring a fever thermostat to self-check your temperature on a regular basis
- Please bring and use hand disinfectant regularly while you travel and avoid touching your face
Since the international travel warning for the Schengen countries will be changed to a travel hint on 15th June e.g. in Germany, we hope that you can travel without any challenges. In case, you still have any issues, please contact us directly so that we can help you find the best solution.
Our guests are usually between 20 and 40 years old. From time to time, however, we do get 9-year-old pro surfers to show 53-year-old tax advisors how the wind blows…
Yes. Since we all share the same passion, it is fairly easy to get to know other people and many of our guests travel alone.
You only need to bring beach towels, we will provide you with bath towels and bedding.
Sorry, that is not possible. We have a photographer who will have a photographer that will accompany you and take pictures of you whilst you are surfing anyway. So you can concentrate and have fun while the photographer does the picture-taking for you.
On the day after the session, all images can be accessed via ShootProof. We allocate the pictures according to their date so you should be able to easily find your way through them.
We ask you to pay a 20% deposit when you book. The rest can easily be paid in cash upon arrival. Sorry but we do not accept credit cards.
Yes! It is no problem at all to eat vegetarian at Vila Catarina. We also make a vegan and gluten-free diet possible but we have to charge a little extra for that.
Faro airport is about a 1-hour drive from our camp. Apart from Faro, you can get cheap flights to Lisbon and Seville, both of which are approx. 300 km away.
In general, you and your surf instructors will leave after breakfast and drive to the best beach for the prevailing conditions (waves, wind, etc.). You will receive 3-4 hours of surf coaching plus extra time on the beach, and will be brought back to the camp in the afternoon/ evening.
You may dispose of the equipment for as long as there is a surf instructor on the beach with you. However, you will not be allowed to use the equipment independently after the course.
Minimum stay with us is 4 nights and everything else is possible- as long as there are spaces available of course.
You can arrive as well as join the surf course on any day of the week. If you are a first time guest, the check in time is 8am to 10pm. If you have stayed with us before, you can arrive any time you want.
The perfect combo for you
The wild beauty of the Algarve completes these packages and makes the surf camp one of the most atmospheric places in the world. To make sure you’ll get the most unique, inspiring and fun surf experience, we’ve created some packages for you - one for every budget and lifestyle!